Monday, January 26, 2009

cure for college (from sept. 19, 2007)

Cure for College

I dare you to go to the park,

Get on a swing, and not smile.

Hear the "eee" of the squeaking chains,

The wind rustling the leaves,

The children's laughter,

And shouts of "mommy!"

I dare you not to smile.

Feel the sun shining warm on your face,

And the cool breeze tousling your hair;

I dare you not to smile.

Feel guilty because as an "adult"

You have "better" ways to spend your time,

But feel the sand in your toes,

The cool chain in your hands,

And know that for a moment,

All is right in the world;

I dare you not to smile.

Take time when bored, blue, or

About to burst into tears and

Go to the park just to swing,

And I dare you not to smile.

-Randi S. Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment